Monday, February 22, 2010

Even just a slice is nice

Amanda has been having to keep track of the weather for a school project. She does this at school during the week and then I help her over the weekend. She isn't really interested in dew points, barometric pressure, El Nino, or other such variances. What Amanda really wants to know is today a purple coat day or a pink coat day?

Her purple coat is a down coat and keeps her very warm. Her pink coat is a lighter material and is designed for days in the 50's. When you are 11, that is what matters. But for school we get a little more accurate.

This morning I was dropping her off at school and she checked her backpack. I heard, "Uh oh! No homework." I told her we would bring it up to school when Tina picked her up this afternoon and then I drove on to the gym.

After my workout I arrived home and Tina told me something I have never heard before, "Amanda called." Amanda never talks on the phone, but this is something that she has been working on with her teachers.

I asked what about. Tina does a perfect Amanda impersonation, "Hey Mama! Forgot homework." The school is less than half a mile from our house and Tina drove up the sheet with our observations on it. She said Amanda was beaming proud and so was Tina. It was a slice of normal that we seldom get to see. It was nice.

No comments: