Monday, January 24, 2011

They Did Fine

I went on a business trip to Washington DC last week. It was my first trip without Tina and Amanda in ten months.

What a difference that ten months has made. Amanda usually took it upon herself to punish Tina and everyone else she could find when I would travel. This trip was completely the opposite. She was cooperative and sweet and she and Tina had a wonderful time.

Along with my mother and older sister, they formed what they call, The Ladies Supper Club. Amanda is the self appointed president for life.

Those two hours each evening allowed Amanda to relax and gave Tina the relief they both needed to get through each day.

Something else that happened on this trip was Amanda insisted on talking to me on the phone. Tina finally entered the modern age by getting an iPhone 4. Seriously, she has only had four phones in twelve years.

Amanda and I spoke for about fifteen minutes each night. I thought it was incredible. She told me about school and dinner and I told her how I missed lunch for a meeting and had to wake up early.

I'll be upgrading to the next generation of iPhone this summer and then we can do face time.

The down side to this, is now I will have to travel a little more.

Why is this a downside? For example, while my room was nice, it was right above the the flags outside the building. The last night a front rolled in with thirty mile an hour winds and all night long I heard a steady, whap whap whap. The joys of business travel.

1 comment:

Azaera said...

Wow so happy to read she's getting better with your travelling. And to read the updates on the previous post about her growing up. She's such an amazing little girl. Well almost a young woman now I guess!