Friday, September 18, 2009

Defining my mold

After a long day at the office and handling problems that literally circumvented the world, I arrived home at just past 5. Tina and Amanda were at a friend's house so my lovely home was quiet and I had a chance to relax.

I poured a glass of Merlot and sat down on the sofa. I took a deep breath and thought about people my own age doing about the exact same thing from the east coast through the central time zone at this exact moment. We are the mid life people who aren't kids anymore, we have upper management positions in this economy and a head full of knowledge that has been acquired as much by experience as by education or instinct. Then I did what I had to do, I poured a second glass of wine and turned on the TV, but not to cable news or CNBC or even ESPN. I found Kung Fu Panda and watched Po and decompressed.

I believe in the power of silly. I'm not a prankster but I have a quick wit, and if I don't laugh a couple of times a day I feel the day has been wasted. Yesterday was not a wasted day.

No comments: