Wednesday, November 4, 2009

All I am saying is, give peace a second chance

Amanda has decided she wants to enter a poster in a contest being put on by the local Lions Club. Its theme is peace, and the poster cannot have any numbers or letters on, it cannot be 3D or and anything glued to it. All pencil marks must be erased.

Amanda loves to color, but it isn't very controlled and looks a lot like Tye Dye. So I came up a way to allow her to utilize her strength by getting her a stencil for a peace sign. The company I work for is a metal fabricating facility. First I went to engineering and we did an auto-cad drawing of a peace sign, it was cut out on our plasma burning table from 1/4 steel with a diameter of 11". It then was hit with a grinder to remove the rough edges, and finally spray painted. The whole process took just a few minutes. I took it home, Tina loved it. My older sister who is the artist in the family came over and said, "When we're done with this can I have it? I just bought a horse named Mercedes." OOOPS!

So, we made another one this morning, the right way.