Sunday, November 29, 2009

Evidence against evolution

I have a hard time accepting at least part of the evolution theory lately because of a lack of recent evidence. I've done a lot of driving in my life and something I have to insist on is that if evolution is indeed fact and not simply theory, possums, armadillos, and raccoons are not actively participating.

The automobile has been around for more than 100 years now. That can be nearly 100 generations of the previously listed animals, and yet these animals have not developed the hind quarters which will allow them to leap over a two lane road, or the brain capacity that will allow them to turn away from the high beams of my Chevy.

I have done a little field research beyond the accidental splatting of these animals. I have spoken with hunters who have bagged more than a few in the past 50 years and they all agree on two things: first, that I asked a very weird question and secondly that these animals appear to the be same as they ever were.

I also questioned a guy who I've seen walking up and down Highway 67 and asked what he thought about it. He said road kill is free and he hopes they don't evolve. He also asked if I was going keep the grasshopper stuck in the grill of my car. I gave him the grasshopper and then drove away wondering about elephant trunks and giraffe necks.

1 comment:

Azaera said...

Haha, I don't know I guess our techno evolution has gone too fast for nature to keep up.