Monday, November 9, 2009

I know something you don't know

Like Inigo Montoya from "The Princess Bride," I am not left handed.

I noticed that both my brother and my father wear their Blackberry phones on their left side, I wear mine on my right. Neither of them are left handed so I wondered why they do this. I tried it myself and while I can operate the phone with my left hand I can't draw it from the holster worth a darn. In fact I even dropped it a couple of times. And then, just this morning I was working my office phone with my left hand and I couldn't even recall the command sequence for my extension and password. I was just staring at my left hand and thinking that my thumb was pointed the wrong way. It was most peculiar.

1 comment:

Summer said...

I keep my phone in my left pocket and my keys in my right pocket. I can't switch them. I'm also left-eared. I have to hold the phone to my left ear. I think that's because my right ear doesn't work quite as well, but it's a habit I can't break. Even my office phone is on my left.