Sunday, May 16, 2010

Parents just do understand

It was Friday night at our house and dinner guests had just left.  It had been a great evening with fajitas, birthday cake and the proper assortment of beverages.

I was getting ready for bed while Tina was giving Amanda her antibiotic that she had been prescribed that day for an ear infection.  The sweet child had been a real trooper about dinner, mostly because our guests were best friends.

I'm walking down the hall when I hear a sound no parent wants to hear.  A bowel movement that could go through a screen door.  Tina is saying,  "OK, OK, OK.  Just stop honey, just stop."  She isn't upset or grossed out.  But Amanda is wearing new Nikes and standing on the new rug in the kitchen.

We clean her up quickly and I take her back to the bathroom when I hear Tina say, "Ah man, Amanda got gum on her shoe."

So what I'm saying is this, after twelve years of being a parent, a child dropping a cow paddy in the kitchen doesn't bother us.  That is why we have tile and a couple boxes of latex gloves in the house.  But nobody, and I mean nobody, wants to scrap gum of the bottom of a shoe.

1 comment:

Azaera said...

Same kind of incident happened to us today. It went like this "How did he get chocolate in his cri- OMG that's not chocolate!!"

Cleaned it up, all was well. Good times..