Friday, May 7, 2010

Sweet Thursday - NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Friday, and this Friday is so much better than Thursday.  Yesterday was one of those days where being an adult was just plain hard.

It started right out of the blocks with my Keurig Coffee Maker not working.  So instantly I am chemically imbalanced.  In spite of the caffine deficit Tina and I were still able to get Amanda ready and delivered to school.  Thank goodness for the close proximety because I wouldn't have made it much further than I did.

After dropping her off I went to McDonalds and bought two large black coffees and an egg McMuffin.  I was starving and snarfed it on the drive home.  At the house I gave Tina her coffee and I had mine.  The chocolate carmel creamer was good enough, but I like mixing it with the German Chocolate Cake flavored coffee.    I showevered and dressed but was too tired to shave.  Then I had to find my flash drive.  I had a few files on it that I didn't back up the night before and I needed them.  I know I should back up daily, and most of the time I do, but this time I didn't and that is why I couldn't find my flash drive.

I looked all over the house for it, lost my coffee twice trying to find it, and became some sort of contorsonist looking in my car for the thing.  I did not find it.

I had posted on Facebook that I was a quart low on my coffee level.  People were saying they wanted to go home and were putting out advice on how to survive the coming calamity, it was embaressing, but at least I now know who fears me.

After my meeting I went home and called Keurig.  I spoke with technical support for twenty minutes.  After everything failed they offered to sell me a knew one at $130.  When they said they couldn't have it to me in an hour I said I would handle it on my own.  By that I mean, Tina bought us a new one after lunch.

It was after said lunch where I ate everything I could get my hands on that I returned home and looked through my house one more time for the flashdrive.  I was alone so the rising tide of profanities that was spewing out of mouth only injured the ficus tree in the corner.  Tina says the plant is a fake so it should be okay.

I looked on my dresser for the fifth time and in the charger station one more time and there it was in the shadow of a corner on its side where I could only see the black edge.  My attitude instantly improved as did my language.

The coffee level was still low but I had another cup at work and hoped for the best.  I stayed sequestered in my office the remainder of the afternoon because I knew I just wasn't quite level.

The evening went well.  Amanda and I watched a couple across the street chasing their 2 year old.  The mom asked if we wanted an extra child.  I said no thank you.  Amanda was blunter than that, "NO NEED WILD CHILD!"

If she would have seen her daddy at one o'clock in the afternoon  she would have said, "NO NEED CRAZY DADDY!"

This morning I had GREAT coffee and a lot it.  A good workout and a nice day at the office.  Plus, everything is backed up.

No comments: