Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pretty good start to the day

There are parts of my life that go easier than they should, or at least a lot easier than they used to.  Getting Amanda ready for school is at the top of the list.

It used to be the equivalent of putting a feral baboon in children's clothes and hoping for the bleeding from the scratches and bites to stop before I went to work.  It was simply the worst part of the day and possibly my life.

But now, well time heals all wounds.  She gets up in the morning and hugs me.  Says she is going to have a "Good day" and gets ready without too much difficulty.  I don't do her hair because I haven't the first idea how to do it so that battle is a Tina story.  Tina doesn't blog, write letters or essays so you will just have to take my word for it that the battles used to be epic.  But Amanda is even good for that now.

Now here is the best part of the whole morning task.  Amanda's school is a half mile from our house.  We hear one song in the morning and I drop her off right in front of her classroom to her teacher.  I'm home before Tina knows I was gone.

We have one more year at this school before I have to drive across to the middle school. 

1 comment:

Azaera said...

That's awesome. Skyler used to hate getting dressed too. Now he is a bit better, he even pushes his arms through the sleeves and helps us out sometimes.