Thursday, September 9, 2010

No need to panic

I answered my phone yesterday afternoon from a number I did not recognize.  I love caller ID, but have you ever had an anxiety rush from not recognizing the number?  That doesn't happen to me, but I'm just wondering about you..

Anyway, I answer the phone and of course say "Hello."

The person on the other phone identifies herself as Agent Britney.

So now I'm trying to remember what I could have done that would require an agent to contact me.  Nothing comes to mind  for the last few years but then again I am over forty and starting to loose years of my life, especially the ones where New Orleans was part of my sales territory.  I don't panic but start to form an alibi just in case.

Then Agent Britney tells me she is from the Geek Squad and my Blu-Ray player has been diagnoised as dead.  I'm cool with that because now I get to go pick up a new one from Best Buy.  So, I get my trusty sidekick, AKA Amanda, and off we go.

When I bought this player last year it cost $249.  I am allowed to pick out any player that costs less than that.  Funny thing about it is Blu-ray players have gone down on price so much that I get one better than the one I'm replacing.  I telling Amanda that very piece of economic windfall and we have to high five in Best Buy.  She likes it when Daddy has things go his way.

The only bad thing about this is, I think Netflix had to get rid of the last five movies I watched because I reported them as damaged.

No comments: