Sunday, January 10, 2010

Don't care for the butterflies

I'm in Indianapolis tonight, Louisville, KY last night. My travel these days usually involves weekends, but since it's not like the old days I'm ok with it. I did my presentation for a customer's sales meeting and will be home tomorrow for Amanda's bowling night, which matters most.

Funny thing about travel. I always get the best rooms at the best rates when I'm only here for a night. When I have 3 days or more at a location I might as well be in my tool shed behind my house. But tonight, I have a suite at the Marriott in downtown Indy at a cheaper price than a Fairfield Inn by the airport. You just have to know who to talk talk too in this kind of situation, and my area salesman took great care of me on this trip. I'm kind of reminded of Mel Brooks from History of the World as Louis XVI, "It's good to be the king."

Anyway, to the airport in the A.M. and then home. It is one of the downsides of living in TXK, if we were in the DFW area or still in Houston, I would be home tonight. Of course there is the whole butterfly effect. If I never would have moved to TXK would I have Amanda? I can't imagine my life without her, so to hell with the butterflies, I'll be home tomorrow.


1 comment:

Azaera said...

Aww what a sweet sentiment!