Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mr. Mom

It's Sunday, and at our house that means pancakes. I work the griddle and flip the pancakes, Amanda pours the mix, the milk, and the oil and then mixes them with prejudice and violence. I also crack the eggs because Amanda is pretty heavy handed and that would make our pancakes a little too crunchy for our liking.

Amanda helps with most tasks around the house, in her own way of course. I do a lot of the ironing for the three of us. I play music on the Ipod and Amanda hands me hangers. Yesterday she discovered Beethoven, but normally I play smooth jazz on Slacker Radio. It doesn't take much to do ironing, especially with the new Shark iron we bought a few weeks ago. So it is a good time to visit as well as get things done. Yesterday I pressed 6 pair of paints and 7 shirts, this morning it was just 3 shirts. That should hold us for the week.

Amanda has also been know to help with the dishes. It is a little unsettling when she does this because we have to make sure all of the knives are put away before she dives into the project.

Yesterday I was cleaning the gutters, and as you can see, weekends are pretty busy around here, and Amanda brought me a big glass of gatorade. How she managed to bend a straw 7 different ways I will never know, but it was a very nice gesture.

Tina and Amanda re off buying baby clothes for Amanda's twins. She is in the mood to be a little mommy these days because of all the new babies that keep showing up, so she and Tina brought Bart and Lisa out of the closet. Yes, I had a major roll in naming the baby dolls.

I have to stop this blog now. The Colts and Jets are playing, and despite the fact that I am a Mr. Mom on the weekend, I do love football.

1 comment:

Azaera said...

My hubby is more wifely than I am to be honest. It works for us though. He does most of the household stuff and the cooking, I go to work 8 hours a day. We manage. Sounds like you have a pretty good helper though! :D