Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Santa, we love that guy

Ah, Christmas!!!!!!!! It was a great deal of fun this year. Amanda loves Santa Claus. In fact she proclaimed in the grocery store as she was buying cookie dough, "SANTA MY FRIEND!!!!!"

Two years ago Amanda was up at 3:30 in the morning. I managed to keep in her in bed until 5 by answering the same question every 90 seconds, "Where Santa now?"

Last year she was up at 4:30 with a loud yell of , "Hey, I'm Up!"

This year she slept in, 5 a.m. She told me, "I'm not tired anymore."

Amanda doesn't ask for a lot for Christmas. But Tina explains it better than I do as to why she likes it so much. Tina says that Amanda just likes to be included. And that is a big deal for her. Santa makes a point of seeing her and that makes her feel special. In fact, if you ask her what she got for Christmas she can only tell you about the bath sponge, because Santa left that in her stocking.

Another upside to Christmas this year, besides the extra 30 minutes sleep, was that there wasn't any assembly required. I've assembled my fair share of toys, kitchens, Barbie jeeps (Not recommended for the visually impaired) and the what not. This year was easy breezy.

I hope every one else had a joyous holiday season. Now we are onto 2010.

No comments: