Thursday, February 26, 2009

My limited playlist

I was relaxing last night with one of my beloved I-pods and a song came up that I actually listen to quite often, The Editors, An End Has a Start. Now this is a total package of a song, lyrics that tell a story with emotion, great guitar work, drums and bass. Best line, "Someone hit the lights because there is more here to be seen..."

But the thing about this song is how I discovered it. In December of 07 I was hospitalized with a terrible infection that was just racking my body. As two of my doctors put it, "you are the youngest person in this wing by 40 years, but you are also the sickest." I was in a great deal of pain with this because of a couple of bad disks, T3 and T4, became very inflamed with the infection and it kind of through of the diagnosis for a day. The pain meds they gave me were awesome, Phenergan and Demerol saved me. The TV was on Turner Classic movies and about every 10 minutes or so the station played a montage of movie clips with the Editors song playing. It stuck in my head and I downloaded as soon as I got home.

Another upside to having the song on my short list is it reminds me about how much better I feel now.

So what I am getting at is, give the song a try, it's better than most of what you hear on the radio.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That song is the total package.

Yours is an uncommonly good blog.

Unknown said...

Thank you, I find it a nice mental me time from the stresses of the day.

Anonymous said...

My pleasure. I look forward to following your posts.