Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Waiting for Spring

February is traditionally not a good month in our house. Although it is the month of Tina's birthday and Valentines Day, not much else seems to go right.

For one thing, Tina always seems to get sick. Now this is a woman who works out five times a week and has the muscles and strength that are envied by a lot of men, but when she gets sick she is as weak as a kitten. Must have something to do with her asthma. And she is sick again this year. I just have to admire her consistency. She has an appointment this afternoon and will get the meds she needs to feel better quickly. She hates being sick because she hates staying still.

The other thing about this second month of the year is the weather. I'm just tired of it it not being nice outside. I've been wearing a jacket, coat or at least long sleeves since November and I'm ready for it to warm up. I have a pool I want to open and a large yard to enjoy. I haven't even been on a golf course since early December and that just isn't natural for me.

March may be windy, but at least I can get back in short sleeves and spend some time outside getting some much needed vitamin D. When it is warm enough to wash my own car, then I'm truly happy. And now that I don't drive a Tahoe or a minivan anymore my happiness is multiplied by the simplicity factor of the chore.

So with this last week of February dragging on, my head almost congested, wife under the weather and daughter recovering from a virus that kept her out of school for week I say, Come On March! Let's do this thing!

No comments: