Friday, February 20, 2009

Right gift at the right time

The coffee mugs were a HIT!!!!!!!!!!!

My sweet wife has never really asked for anything, but last year she was turning 40 and driving a minivan that was actually becoming difficult for our daughter to get out of because of her physical disabilities. Tina looked at me and said, "I just can't drive a minivan anymore." So I went and got her a Red Lincoln MKZ which is a combination of her two favorite things, a luxury car and red. And it actually is less on the budget than than the van so we are about $100 ahead per month.

Anyway, back to this year. We have a Kurieg coffee maker now. We use it all day long making coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon and evening. Now, like most Americans, we like large mugs or cups of which we only have 4. So for Tina's birthday this year I bought her 4 more large mugs. These are clear glass and have a stand on the bottom. I went with clear because I didn't want to get the wrong color. How can you go wrong with clear. It was a better result than I had hoped.

We will celebrate Tina's birthday until the middle of next week. I am always looking for an excuse to spoil her and then is the one time of the year she can't argue about it. Sometimes being married to a truly unselfish person is harder than you think.

No comments: