Monday, October 12, 2009

From the mouth of my babe

When I'm doing something around the house and Amanda is with me, I talk to her just like she were anyone else. I believe that has helped her a great deal in extending her vocabulary even though she was unable to speak for such until recently. Which is why now everything is pouring out of her.

I was working on draining the water from my pool cover when I said to her, "Do you know what I don't understand?" Before she would allow me to finish the thought, she said, "Math? It's hard."

At that point I just forgot what I was talking about and smiled the rest of the day.

2 comments:

Summer said...

BEST POST EVER!!

and she's right. you aren't really a math whiz.

Unknown said...

While that may be true sis, I think she was talking about herself. :-)