Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween

Tomorrow is Halloween. My neighborhood is the promised land for trick or treat. With several hundred houses, spaced close enough together to allow require a short run occupied by a better than average median income, the kids come from as far as 40 miles away.

Amanda doesn't trick or treat, she prefers to stay home and hand out the candy. She is a giver by nature and she just loves it when she hears "Hi Amanda." It's a lot of fun for her.

I myself will probably suffer acute Reese's Peanut-butter Cup poisoning, for which there is no known antidote other than laying in a fetal position and cramping, all the while wondering if I have caused a rupture of some sort.

2 comments:

B. Freret said...

"And for you, I bought a package of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups."
"Oh," I said. "Uh, thanks."
"What?"
"Well, I had deliberately passed on them."
"Why?"
"Because I'm going to regret eating that whole package in one sitting."

And I did.

Please tell Amanda "Hi, Amanda!" for us.

Azaera said...

Happy halloween!!! Hope Amanda has a great time!