Monday, March 2, 2009

I must have turned around again...

Because it is another Monday.
I know that the week is divided into seven equal days, but it is my belief that Mondays happen more often.
What Monday means is the end of a typically uneventful weekend. Just two days of family time and household projects. Occasionally we go out to dinner or Tina and I sneak out for a few hours, but nothing that will create an offer for the movie rights.
But Monday sends Amanda back to school, Tina starts on the list for the week that keeps our family so efficient and comfortable, and I go back to work. But the real kicker about Monday is that it is bowling night for Amanda with the Challenger League. We have dinner at a favorite sub shop and then meet up with Amanda’s group where she bowls two games.
It seems that this event happens every three days or so instead just once a week. It is a lot of fun, a bit stressful, and very joyful. The Challengers have a great time and most of the parents don’t have to do much but watch their children of all ages enjoy themselves with their peers.
It is a far stretch from my old Mondays that more often than not found me on a couple or more airplanes headed somewhere in the Western Hemisphere. Two airplanes was ok, but when a third was added to the mix it was just one too many to make for a good week. I would be gone three or four nights and then have to repeat the journey home and recover over the weekend so I could do it again the next week. When I travelled alone it was real work, but when I could take Tina along with me it was always an adventure. Happiness is good company, and on Mondays I have plenty of that.

Happy Monday

No comments: