Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thoughts from the stairmaster

I was on a StairMaster type device this morning, there are so many variations of them now but this one didn't utilize arms like my favorite which is the Precor AMT, and I was trying to keep my mind occupied because this machine was not as involved as the AMT. So I was listening to a couple of BusinessWeek pod casts. They were about the state of the economy in Europe and the national mortgage crisis back here in the states and both were very informative. The one about the mortgage crisis was made obsolete by the new rescue plan that just came out just yesterday, but a lot of the information about the crisis was still enlightening.

Anyway, I had less than four minutes left on the machine and I nailed it to the second with a song by Eve 6. I though that was pretty cool.

Tina and I went on to lift weights for our backs. I take my I-pod off when working out with her because we like to talk, but I don't like taking my I-pod of while working out. I loose focus.

Tina will be working out at home tomorrow so I can have the gym to myself. I actually go 4 to 6 times a week now. My back feels much better and in the last 6 weeks I've dropped about 15 pounds.

I know I am not following the journalism rule for numbers on this post, but I'm a bit tired today after a rough evening with a special needs child who was in total emotional meltdown for a few hours last night over something as dramatic as getting her pants hemmed. Unfortunately, her meltdowns also involve a steam cleaner, bath and laundry as well as air fresheners and control of one's own gag reflex. She is better now but Tina and I could use about 3 days on a beach with a steady flow of drinks. That was something else I was thinking about on the StairMaster, but I digress. With that I will end this ramble.

No comments: