Tuesday, March 3, 2009

This could be the day

The last cold day of winter, and by cold I mean, can't sit outside in the evening without a jacket on. I've been in the south most of my life and I do enjoy warmer tempatures, which is why I probably own so many jackets, coats and pullovers. I just don't like being cold.

Tomorrow it is suppose to be in the 70's and that means that after work I can sit on my bench in the yard and visit with Amanda while Tina cooks dinner. Neighbors will be walking by in shorts with pale legs throwing a glare all evening and saying hello. Amanda will be pretending to e-mail from an old Blackberry and I will just breath in air that isn't blowing from a central air unit.

Within a month this air will be thick with pollen and all evening clothes will have a natural tie- dye look, but that is fine with me too because Tina is the one who does the laundry. I've proven myself incompetent in that area in spite of my desire to help. What can I say, it took me about a dozen years to master the Tina approved way of folding t-shirts and towels. She is a bit weird, she likes it done the same way every time which isn't really my style.

Yep, last day of frosted roofs in the morning, I think I will wear my black leather jacket today.

No comments: