Wednesday, March 11, 2009

She didn't need me but she thought she did

Right after I posted yesterday I left the office to make a delivery of a small fitting to a local customer. I was there about ten minutes when Tina gave me a call from the pediatrician's office and said that Amanda was going to need blood work. The little girl has had a very sour stomach for the past four days and we needed to get her checked out. She went with Tina and not both of us because she said she is growing up and she wouldn't need a shot.

I made the five mile drive quickly and walked into the clinic and saw my two lovely ladies about to the board the elevator. Amanda saw me and said, "They trick me." It was pretty cute the way she was more put out with the matter than scared.

She and I went back in the lab, I sat beside her and she was braver than she has ever been for blood work. You have to believe me when I say this child has had more than her share of blood work in her almost eleven years.

Afterward we went home for lunch and then I went onto the office for the rest of the day. He stomach is getting better but because she has had such a difficult winter with infections and antibiotics she has developed another problem. Let's just say I had to deal with a true Tasmanian Devil this morning. So it was back to the doctor for some meds for that particular problem and because it is cold and raining today I was requested to help. So we went through that. All part of being the dad, or at least this dad.

No comments: